National Animal Of Pakistan Markhor (Ibex):
National Animal of Pakistan Markhor, The Markhor (Ibex) is a wild goat species Markhor is the National animal of Pakistan mostly Markhor living habitat is hilly areas in Pakistan National Animal of Pakistan Markhor are known to kill and eat the snakes. They live above 1500 to 11000 above sea level. Male grow Big and beautiful horns while female horns are small. Markhor Haven’t fear to jump from one ridge to another ridge mountains. National Animal of Pakistan Markhor mating season is in Winter during mating season male fight with each other to push each other and horn locking.
Markhor is considered as the National animal of Pakistan and Markhor is the official symbol of Pakistan intelligence agency ISI (Inter Service Intelligence) Wild Markhors are found in Khyber Pashtun Khwan Province, Balochistan and Also some Areas in of Province Sindh about a research Markhors Chiltan Markhor is in Endangered species due to overhunting and Drought. Chiltan Markhor is found in Chiltan mountain range Hazarganji National Park Which is situated in two Districts of Balochistan The capital of Balochistan Quetta and District Mastung. Markhor is very intelligent brave and Beautiful animal that’s why Markhors is National Animal of Pakistan.
Facts About Markhor (Ibex) National Animal Pakistan
- Common name: Markhor, Persian, Ladaki, Wakhi, Chitrali, Baluchi and shina
- Coat Color: grizzled, light brown to black color
- Binomial name: Capra Falconari
- Found In: Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and some other Countries
- Habitat: lightly Hilly forested areas
- Diet: Herbs, Grasses, Leaves, snakes
- Length: Approximately 140-190 cm
- Weight: Approximately Male 80-110 kg and Female 30-40
- Lifespan: Approximately 10 to 13 years
- Speed: Approximately 10 miles per hour
- Lives in: Central Pakistan, and northern area of Pakistan
- Conservation status: Endangered species